Tuesday 26 January 2010

2010...the year of change

2009 was an amazing year for me; I had a now or never moment and gave up my Marketing job enabling Andy and I to spend 7 months travelling the globe soaking up different cultures (and the sun) and along the way, I became a fiancee overlooking one of the 'new' seven wonders of the world. My gorgeous husband to be got down on one knee at 'The Sun Gate' overlooking Machu Picchu, and asked me to be his wife! It was the perfect start to our year.

2009 really will take some beating, but I am super excited about 2010!

The wedding date is set and I am currently in the throws of trying to decide on a wedding dress.Who knew I am so indecisive?!

It is also the year that I pursue my dream career of becoming a professional photographer...but where do I start??

I need to believe in myself more; I CAN make this happen. It's just in my nature to doubt myself at times. I sometimes wonder if I'll ever be able to make my goals and ambitions come to fruition. In an ideal world, I would have someone take me by the hand and show me the ropes, but this isn't feasible.

So where do I start??

Do I just ask people if I can take photos of them? Is this how other photographers started their careers? Maybe that's what I'll do...but first I need to buy my new kit, the Canon 5d Mark ii to be precise and master photoshop! That way I can correct, crop and improve my images before anyone sees them!

No comments:

Post a Comment